Welcome to The RE of Marketing Podcast, a podcast where we Re-Think, Re-Play, Remark on all good things to do with branding and marketing. We are your hosts Tim Elliot and Steven Rick
In this episode we talk about responsibility and what we and brands are actually responsible for!
Every company is responsible for their customer’s experience and their brand’s experience. Companies are also responsible for social causes.
- Research and Innovation continues to evolve. A pasta straw is better than plastic but a paper straw is better than pasta. The important part here is not which one is better but the main focus should be the intent. If a company intends to take the steps to a better future and do good then we can be sure that it will eventually choose the best product in the long run. Bad Intent is easy to spot by customers.
- A business can start without a purpose. Purpose becomes important when the business is powerful enough to make significant changes to the lives of many people.
- Tell the story to your customers through customer experiences, how you position your brand and your processes. This aura is transmitted through motivated employees who are on the same mission as you.
- Companies some times make huge promises and then they underdeliver
- Companies can lead by example start. Mahatma Gandhi always believed that if I can’t do something myself then I can’t tell the world to do it. So start with your employees first they will teach more people and a pyramid effect will follow.
01:00 - Intro
02:00 - Responsible about what?
06:00 - Sustainability
07:30 - Good intention shows.
12:30 - Purpose
17:00 - Communication is the key
20:30 - The Thumbs up flattery
24:00 - Who needs to hear your story first?
30:00 - How do you deliver value?
35:00 - Pyramid Scheme for improving the world
39:00 - Good and bad brands
Michelin and Vans
Adidas - Recycling Plastics - Parle collection